By Alisha Postma After hundreds of dives all around the world, it’s always nice to come home and dive in Canada. When it comes to dive-focused destinations, Canada is definitely not …
Ocean Literacy in Canada
Welcome to the Canadian Network for Ocean Education!
CaNOE exists to assist with the advancement of ocean literacy in Canada
Become a member of CaNOE and join educators, scientists, citizens and institutions who wish to increase regional and national understanding of our ocean and help Canada keep pace with international efforts in ocean literacy.
Members have access to:
- Discounted registration for CaNOE conferences and other hosted events
- Networking opportunities with over 500 member scientists, teachers and other marine education enthusiasts through events and our membership database
- Eligibility to apply for travel bursaries to ocean literacy related conferences
- Access to our online ocean learning resource centre (coming in 2018)
- Monthly SPLASHmail newsletter of events, news, and views for the ocean-minded
- Institutional and corporate members will receive a profile on the CaNOE website and in SPLASHmail
- One year online subscription to the Journal of Ocean Technology JOT ($100 value!)
ANNOUNCING OUR 2ND ANNUAL ‘LOVE YOUR OCEAN’ MEMBERSHIP DRIVE!
Our goal is to add 200 new members in February as we lead up to our conference on “the Rock” in July!
CaNOE members, recruit your friends to come join us! The member who refers the most new members throughout the month of February will win “Blowing in the Wind”, a canvas art print by Newfoundland painter Keli-Ann Pye-Beshara (image below). To be part of the contest, when you recruit a new member, ask them to list you as their referral in the space provided in the sign-up form!
Click the squid, oyster or urchin to navigate to our membership management system to join us, donate to CaNOE, or login to your member profile
July 13-15, 2018
Marine Institute of Memorial University
St. John’s, Newfoundland
Be a part of the development of a uniquely Canadian perspective on Ocean Literacy.
Call for abstracts open January 31- March 14, 2018!
Check out our conference page for more information including a preliminary program, registration and accommodation information!
Ocean Literacy Issues and Ideas
Latest Blog Posts
By Sarah Walsh Growing up in Newfoundland, whether it was out fishing with my family, exploring beaches, or out watching the whales dance and play, I was always immersed in ocean …
By Dr. Elaine Leung, Founder & Educator, Sea Smart I’ve been working as a marine biologist for over 15 years around the world studying threatened species for various governments, universities, …