By: Ruby Banwait 2021, you’ve been testing my limits. When I look back through a year’s worth of major headlines, I reflect on the hardships we have faced. From the …
Ocean Literacy in Canada
Welcome to the Canadian Network for Ocean Education!
CaNOE exists to advance ocean literacy in Canada
Become a member of CaNOE and join educators, scientists, citizens and institutions who wish to increase regional and national understanding of our ocean and help Canada keep pace with international efforts in ocean literacy.
Members have access to:
- Discounted registration for CaNOE conferences and other hosted events
- Networking opportunities with over 500 member scientists, teachers and other marine education enthusiasts through events and our membership database
- Eligibility to apply for travel bursaries to ocean literacy related conferences
- Access to our online ocean learning resource centre (coming in 2019)
- Monthly SPLASHmail newsletter of events, news, and views for the ocean-minded
- Institutional and corporate members will receive a profile on the CaNOE website and in SPLASHmail
- One year online subscription to the Journal of Ocean Technology JOT ($100 value!)
Click the squid, oyster or urchin to navigate to our membership management system to join us, donate to CaNOE, or login to your member profile.
Ocean Literacy Issues and Ideas
Latest Blog Posts
By: Bryan Martin With empty shelves at the grocery store and rising food prices, many parts of Canada saw a huge increase in hobby gardeners last year. Living in eastern …
By: Natasha Jackson-Drouin We humans are inherently relational beings. We rely on the relationship to our kin from the very start and build on those and other relationships throughout our …