Reflections on the eve of our Recharge conferencet The below is an excerpt from Gareth Thomson’s original reflection on the Canadian Network for Environmental Education and Communication (EECOM) 2019 conference …
Ocean Literacy in Canada
Welcome to the Canadian Network for Ocean Education!
CaNOE exists to assist with the advancement of ocean literacy in Canada
Become a member of CaNOE and join educators, scientists, citizens and institutions who wish to increase regional and national understanding of our ocean and help Canada keep pace with international efforts in ocean literacy.
Members have access to:
- Discounted registration for CaNOE conferences and other hosted events
- Networking opportunities with over 500 member scientists, teachers and other marine education enthusiasts through events and our membership database
- Eligibility to apply for travel bursaries to ocean literacy related conferences
- Access to our online ocean learning resource centre (coming in 2019)
- Monthly SPLASHmail newsletter of events, news, and views for the ocean-minded
- Institutional and corporate members will receive a profile on the CaNOE website and in SPLASHmail
- One year online subscription to the Journal of Ocean Technology JOT ($100 value!)
Click the squid, oyster or urchin to navigate to our membership management system to join us, donate to CaNOE, or login to your member profile.
Ocean Literacy Issues and Ideas
Latest Blog Posts
Brash IcePhoto Credit: Maggie Romuld Ocean edges have lured humans for as long as we’ve existed as a species. From the first people who settled along African shores, to colonizers …
By: Lili Wilson As a naturalist on a whale watching vessel, I spend serious quality time with whales, and almost as much time answering questions about whales. These charismatic megafauna …